Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Critical Actions is now posted on Web log.


Critical Actions is now posted on Web log.
Blog @: http://criticalactions-what-isyour-opinion.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The above address will carry you to my web-log, commonly known as a “blog”, which is a website that displays in chronological order the postings by one or more individuals and usually has links to comments on specific postings.

When I officially began writing “Critical Actions: What’s Your Opinion” (CA) about a year ago, early own, I gave four reasons for its initiation:

  • Truth (my concern about e-mail rumors, false information being propagated for personal agendas.)

  • My interest in various topics and the value I put on sharing ideas, thoughts, and opinions with others

  • Communication: the importance of good and proper dialog, to advance the greater good of society

  • A higher purpose for e-mail (I enjoy some of the humorous and edifying e-mails, but I also believe that e-mail should be taken more seriously as an effective modern day communications tool.)

(Read elaboration of the 4-points @ http://criticalactions-what-isyour-opinion.blogspot.com/2006/01/there-must-be-better-use-higher.html)

I know that I’m not the savviest writer, but maybe I can better hone my skills to become a better communicator in expressing my deepest heart-felt values. There are many topics I would like to comment on, including some books I’ve recently read: “The World is Flat”, “Our Endangered Values”, “If Grace is True” and others. I always appreciate and value your input and comments to my entries.

In bringing the blog site up-to-date for each article written in the past year, I have added your comments below the z-bar (zzzzz). (an improvised divider at major transitions in the article) If I have missed any of your comments, please advise and I’ll update. There are still a few issues with operation of this Blogger site, so you’ll understand the posted format doesn’t necessarily come across as it has been written in the MSWord I use. Included below are some helpful tips on navigating the site.

Thanks for your indulgence and allowing me to share with you my thoughts during the past year. I look forward to the New Year and hearing from you. After all, what’s life without someone to share it with? Best wishes!

Cornell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the blog and how to navigate the web-log (blog) (http://criticalactions-what-isyour-opinion.blogspot.com/):

  • When you click this address it opens to main page showing only the most recent posted article. (The posting of the most current writing is the only one you will see in the opening page, however the Index allows you to go to previous posted article.)

  • At the top of page the name of blog is shown: “Critical Actions: What’s Your Opinion?” Immediately beneath the tile is the description of he blog: The opinions hereof on religion, politics, economy, humanity, or other topics, are an exercise of self-examination in developing critical thought processes on important issues. Further objective is to encourage others to engage in introspective, honest, respectful, dialogue on issues that will affect our lives - our children's future.

  • There are two ways to surf the Index of articles:

  • Titles of the most recent ten (10) postings will usually show on left side of page (I think depending on how it opens.) if your computer screen is wide enough. If not it may show on left below the article. To follow older postings, click any title in the index and the next older ten (10) titles will show.

  • Or: At top of blog page in the “dark blue header bar” click on: “Search This Blog.” This index will open the most current ten (10) titles showing first line of the article – then you can move on to next pages 2,3,4, etc. to see older postings.

  1. On the main title of the posting, if a “Lighthouse” symbol is shown immediately preceding the title – it means the article is related (linked) to another article. By clicking on the title it will immediately carry you to the related article. Additionally, you may find URL addresses written within some of the articles that by clicking on them will link to another article.

  2. For “Comments from others” to all the previously posted articles, I have printed below the original article. (If I have missed any, please advise.)

  3. To make comments on any articles that have been posted click on “Comments” at bottom of article, and a window will opens to type in. (If your comments are lengthy, it may be more convenient to write on Word doc and paste in window.)
Options for signature are:
  • Other – Please use this and sign

  • Anonymous –

E-mail will be sent to me when your comments are made showing your response.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very polished. I look forward to some critical discusions.